Pilz Bioscience strives to improve patient care by merging disciplines traditionally separated in modern medicine: physical health and mental health. Our novel diagnostic and treatment approach – rooted in multiple biological systems – may prove to be especially valuable in neurological conditions that have a significant behavioral/cognitive component, including developmental disorders and brain injury.
With an initial focus on Autism Spectrum Disorders, Pilz Bioscience is combining diagnostic strategy with psychedelic therapy to treat the various developmental disorders under the umbrella of ASD. Pilz aims to become an essential resource for patients and caregivers looking for innovative medical solutions.
- Vague diagnostic criteria, especially in girls.
- No definitive medical test to diagnose the disorders.
- Complexity of presenting behavioral symptoms.
- Rigid healthcare environment: ‘patients don’t always fit.’
- No integration of care; need to address both behavior/cognition and biochemical/physical symptoms.
Pilz is developing several psychedelic candidates applicable to neuro-inflammatory conditions, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). One of the key elements of this approach is Pilz’ focus on collaborative care, aligning communication between clinicians and behavioral therapists with an emphasis on patient-centric therapeutic paradigms.
Learn more about our scientific approach here.